Toulon Snap Up Rugby League Star
Semu Radradra is set to quit the NRL and take up a one-year deal with Top 14 side Toulon according to the club’s owner Mourad Boudjellal.
On the same day that an arrest warrant was issued for the 24-year-old Eels winger after his non-appearance in Parramatta Local Court on domestic violence charges, Boudjellal claimed Radradra will join the French Top 14.
“He has signed with Toulon (for) one year, with a one-year option,” Boudjellal told foxsports.com.au from France.
Boudjellal declined to specify when a move would take place, but shortly after foxsports.com.au’s report Toulon’s official website claimed the club had “landed another big blow on the transfer market”.
Radradra’s manager George Christodoulou told The Daily Telegraph that while a “very good offer” had been tabled, no commitment has yet been made.
“There is an offer on the table from Toulon, a very good offer, for the 2018 season,” Christodoulou said.
“He is still under contract with Parramatta for next year. He hasn’t signed any contracts with Toulon.”
Radradra’s current deal with the Eels expires at the end of 2017. He has been repeatedly linked with French rugby over the past 12 months, and Parramatta officials declined to comment when contacted regarding Boudjellal’s comments.
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- You Can Now Find Us At RugbyLAD.ie - November 15, 2017
- Disappointment For Jack Nowell As the World Cup Countdown Begins - November 13, 2017
- Wales Release New Alternate Kit With Massive Striking Difference To Home Kit - November 13, 2017