There’s Some Huge News Coming Out Of Munster Regarding Anthony Foley’s Contract
Munster have announced that Anthony Foley has signed a one-year contract extension with the southern province and confirmed that they will appoint a Director of Rugby ahead of next season.
The IRFU have now signed off on the director of rugby role, having initially expressed some resistance to the idea, and CEO Garrett Fitzgerald has formally opened the process.
Munster say the Director of Rugby will assume “responsibility for the professional rugby programme and elite player development pathway in the province.”
The42 have also revealed that they believe there will be further changes behind the scenes for Munster, with attack and backs coach Brian Walsh and technical advisor Mick O’Driscoll likely to leave the senior set-up.
“As confirmed previously, we offered Anthony the option to extend his contract as per the initial agreement in 2014 and we are pleased to see him avail of this renewal and commit to the province for a further year,” said CEO Fitzgerald in an official statement.
“The decision to seek a Director of Rugby was made at Munster Professional Game Board level in consultation with the IRFU, and is in line with our strategic plan for the organisation.” [The42.ie]
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Warren Gatland Reveals His Coaching Ambitions After He Leaves Wales In 2019 - October 18, 2017
- Connacht Pull The Plug On Signing Of Fijian Centre - October 18, 2017
- Simon Zebo Says He Is ‘Unsure’ If He Will Sign A New Deal With Munster - October 18, 2017