The Sunday Times’ Pundits Pick Their British & Irish Lions XV’s
Now that the Six Nations is over, it’s time to get into full British & Irish Lions mode.
Warren Gatland names his touring parting this time next month, and has already stated that 20+ players are already picked, while the captaincy is still up for grabs with at least six players still in the running.
Players will be given one more chance to impress during the Champions Cup and Challenge Cup quarter finals, with Gatland forced to make some really difficult decisions in some key areas.
Here’s how some of rugby’s leading pundits think the Lions will line out this summer.
Sunday Times pundits pick their Lions XV
- R Kearney, G North, J Joseph, S Williams, A Watson, O Farrell, R Webb, B Vunipola, S Warburton, M Itoje, C Lawes, AW Jones, T Furlong, D Hartley, J McGrath
- S Hogg, G North, J Davies, O Farrell, E Daly, J Sexton, C Murray, B Vunipola, J Tipuric, S O’Brien, J Launchbury, M Itoje, T Furlong, D Hartley, M Vunipola
- S Hogg, G North, J Joseph, O Farrell, A Watson, J Sexton, C Murray, B Vunipola, S O’Brien, S Warburton, M Itoje, AW Jones, T Furlong, K Owens, M Vunipola
- L Williams, G North, J Joseph, O Farrell, A Watson, J Sexton, C Murray, B Vunipola, S O’Brien, M Itoje, J Launchbury, AW Jones, D Cole, J George, J McGrath
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Robbie Henshaw On Teaming Back Up With Bundee Aki In The Centre - September 23, 2017
- Rassie Erasmus On The Heavy Defeat To Glasgow & The Decision To Bring An Inexperienced Side - September 23, 2017
- Martyn Williams Wants Surprise Candidate To Take Over As Wales Captain - September 23, 2017