The Highest Earners In The Top 14 Revealed
Midi Olympique magazine have unveiled the highest earners in the Top 14.
Former All Black Dan Carter leads the way thanks to his astonishing pay packet with Racing 92.
According to Rugbyrama, the 3-time World Player of the Year Carter makes €1.5 million a year, more than double the amount of second-placed Matt Giteau of Toulon who earns €700 000 annually.
Toulon duo Duane Vermeulen and Leigh Halfpenny as well as Carter’s Racing teammate Rabah Slimani bring in € 600,000 while Colin Slade (Pau), Johan Goosen (ex-Racing 92), Ma’a Nonu (Toulon), Bismarck Du Plessis (Montpellier), Sergio Parisse (Stade Français) and Census Johnston (Toulouse) earn approximately €500,000.
Slimani is the highest-paid French player while Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse), Mathieu Bastareaud (Toulon), Luc Ducalcon (Racing 92) and Yacouba Camara (Toulouse) are the other top local earners, all on €500,000 per season.
Top 5 Earners
- Dan Carter – €1.5m per year
- Matt Giteau – €700,000 per year
- Duane Vermeulen – €600,000 per year
- Leigh Halfpenny – €600,000 per year
- Rabah Slimani – €600,000 per year
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- You Can Now Find Us At RugbyLAD.ie - March 7, 2018
- The Spirit of Rugby Enchanted In Online Slot Machine - March 7, 2018
- A History Of The Six Nations - January 19, 2018