The All Blacks Have Figured Out A Sneaky Way Of Speeding Up SBW’s Ban
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- You Can Now Find Us At RugbyLAD.ie - March 7, 2018
- The Spirit of Rugby Enchanted In Online Slot Machine - March 7, 2018
- A History Of The Six Nations - January 19, 2018
Surely this shouldn’t be allowed?
Sonny Bill Williams will have served his red-card ban by next month and be eligible for New Zealand’s Rugby Championship opener against Australia, All Blacks coach Steve Hansen has said.
Williams was handed a four-match ban after being red-carded agains the Lions in the 2nd Test last month. Williams became the first All Black to be sent-of in 50 years after a nasty shoulder charge on Anthony Watson.
He missed the drawn third Lions Test and the Auckland Blues’ shock Super Rugby loss to Japan’s Sunwolves last weekend. Williams however is also registered with provincial side Counties Manukau and two of their pre-season matches will also count as part of the suspension.
Hansen said it meant the centre would be available when New Zealand face Australia in Sydney on August 19. A bit ridiculous if you ask us. Williams was never going to be considered for those provincial games, and should count himself very lucky.