Simon Zebo Considering His Next Move
Simon Zebo has said that family will come first when it comes to making a decision on his future beyond this season.
The Ireland international has been linked with moves to Pau, Stade Francais and Toulouse in the Top 14 when his contract expires at the end of the campaign.
Zebo, who has 21 caps for Ireland became a father for the first time earlier this year and admits that added responsibility will play a key role in his next move.
Former Munster boss Simon Mannix is in charge at the big-spending Top 14 outfit and Zebo hopes to make a final decision soon.
“I think first and foremost the decision will be based around myself and my family, so it’s not going to be a selfish one where I say, ‘Oh I need to go for this… or I need to go for this’,” Zebo told The42.ie
“I think it is going to be what is going to be best for my family and what I want to do for the next couple of years, so it’s hard to say, but we’ll see.
“It is not just me, so I can’t be selfish. There is a lot of things going to come into play. Hopefully soon enough we will be able to make a decision, and cross that bridge then.
“Munster will always, always mean a lot to me. It’s my childhood club. I have supported Munster all of my life. It always will mean a great deal to me.
“But at the end of the day, rugby is a business and you can’t get swallowed up. You have to look after yourself, and know what’s best for you and your family. Hopefully everything works out the way I would like it to. We will see what happens.”
Read More: The42.ie
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- A History Of The Six Nations - January 19, 2018
- 1989: The Year The Lions Truly Roared - December 1, 2017
- Disappointment For Jack Nowell As the World Cup Countdown Begins - November 13, 2017