Scotland Up First For Ireland As RWC 2019 Schedule Revealed
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- What Do Rugby Bettors Need to Know About The Rebranded Premiership Shield? - July 12, 2018
- The Best Rugby Stadiums In The World - July 12, 2018
- You Can Now Find Us At RugbyLAD.ie - March 7, 2018
Ireland will kickstart their 2019 Rugby World Cup campaign in Japan with a tough fixture against Six Nations rivals Scotland.
Joe Schmidt’s men have been drawn in Pool 1 for rugby’s showpiece event, alongside Scotland, Japan, the play-of winner and a European side yet to be determined.
A game with hosts Japan follows the tie with Scotland, meaning Ireland will play their two toughest games in the pool first.
Ireland’s Rugby World Cup 2019 Pool 1 Schedule
- Ireland v Scotland, Sunday 22 September, International Stadium, Yokohama, 7.45am (Irish time)
- Ireland v Japan, Saturday 28 September, Shizuoka Stadium ECOPA, Shizuoka Prefecture, 7.15am (Irish time)
- Ireland v Europe 1, Thursday 3 October, Kobe Misaki Stadium, Kobe, 10.15am (Irish time)
- Ireland v play-off winner, Saturday 12 October, Fukuoka Hakatanomori Stadium, Fukuoka, 10.45am (Irish time)
England and Wales will open up their accounts with games against Tonga and Georgia respectively, while New Zealand and South Africa take each other on in the tie of the round.
Here are the full details: