Pic: Thousands Begin To Gather In Killaloe To Pay Their Respects To Anthony Foley
The remains of Anthony Foley will be reposing in St. Flannan’s church Killaloe from 1pm to 8:30pm tonight, with thousands already lining up to pay their respects to the former Munster and Ireland legend.
The funeral mass will take place at 12 noon tomorrow at the same church with burial after in Relig Nua graveyard Killaloe.
Munster’s local radio stations plan to pay tribute to Foley at that time. They will all play the rugby anthem, “The Fields of Athenry” at midday as the Munster hero’s funeral mass gets underway.
The initiative is being supported by Cork’s 96FM & C103; Red FM; Limerick’s Live 95FM; WLRFM and Beat in Waterford; Radio Kerry; Clare FM; Tipp FM and Spin South West.
A Garda traffic management plan has been put in place with details below.
A one way system will be in place around Killaloe along the R463 with the junction of Killaloe Bridge, to Abbey St. Covent Hill, right onto Crossroads, Thomas St. Chapel Street, left onto New St. and back onto the main Scariff road – R463.
To enable the free flowing of the one way system the following junctions will be closed off to traffic;
· New Street/ Main Street junction
· Thomas/Chapel Street junction
· St. Flannan’s Rd/ Main Street junction
· St Flannan’s Rd/ Covent Hill junction
· New Street/ Ogonnelloe Rd. Junction
· The Green/ main Killaloe square will be free of all traffic Thursday/ Friday
— Irish Examiner (@irishexaminer) October 20, 2016
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- You Can Now Find Us At RugbyLAD.ie - March 7, 2018
- The Spirit of Rugby Enchanted In Online Slot Machine - March 7, 2018
- A History Of The Six Nations - January 19, 2018