Major Update On The Keith Earls Contract Saga
Ireland stars Keith Earls and Conor Murray have both signed new three-year contracts with the IRFU, which will see them remain at Munster through to the end of Rugby World Cup 2019.
Winger Earls had been heavily linked with a move to English Premiership side Saracens but has opted to remain with his home province.
Earls said: “I am delighted to have signed a new IRFU contract to allow me to continue playing my rugby in Ireland and I look forward to playing my role in bringing success to both Munster and Ireland.”
IRFU performance director David Nucifora said: “We are delighted that Keith has signed a new IRFU contract which will see him remain a Munster player until the end of the 2019 season.
“Keith is a gifted footballer and has shown great commitment throughout his rugby career to both Munster and Ireland.
“The IRFU are committed to retaining players like Keith and we know that Munster and Ireland supporters will be delighted with today’s news.”
Scrum-half Murray has earned 42 caps for Ireland and was instrumental in the back-to-back Six Nations victories under Joe Schmidt in 2014 and 2015.
The 26-year-old made his senior debut for Munster against Connacht in April 2010 and his Ireland debut against France in a World Cup warm-up match in August 2011.
He said: “I am delighted to sign a new IRFU contract to continue playing my rugby with Munster.
“Having come through the Munster Academy it was a special moment for me and my family when I made my Munster debut in 2010, and to go on to represent Ireland is every young rugby player’s dream.
“I look forward to pulling on the Munster and Ireland jerseys in the years to come.”
Nucifora commented: “Conor is a hugely important, admired and respected player and makes a real impact in every game he plays for Munster and Ireland.
“We are delighted that he has signed a new IRFU contract that will keep him at Munster until the end of the 2019 season.”
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- Dai Young Confirms His Son Thomas Is Still Eligible For Wales - October 20, 2017
- Rhys Webb Brands His Wales Exclusion ‘A Joke’ In Massive Outburst - October 20, 2017
- Rory Best Returns As Ulster Team Named For La Rochelle Clash - October 20, 2017