Leigh Halfpenny Has Made A Decision On His Future
Toulon’s director of rugby Bernard Laporte has confirmed Leigh Halfpenny will see out the final year of his three-year contract with Toulon.
Halfpenny has turned down a big money deal with Wasps as well as reported offers from Welsh sides the Cardiff Blues and the Scarlets.
He said: “I have spoken with Leigh and he will be here for next season. I told him I wanted him to stay and he agreed. It is good news.”
Halfpenny is understood to be eager to repay Toulon after seeing his second season at the club virtually wiped out by injury. The 27-year-old is currently recovering from knee surgery after damaging cruciate ligaments ahead of last year’s World Cup.
He is due to begin running next week and is due to meet with his surgeon in March with the aim of being given the all-clear to return to rugby that month.
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- You Can Now Find Us At RugbyLAD.ie - March 7, 2018
- The Spirit of Rugby Enchanted In Online Slot Machine - March 7, 2018
- A History Of The Six Nations - January 19, 2018