Have You Seen How Much Rugby Is On This Weekend?
This past weekend of rugby more than lived up to its hype.
It may have not been the best weekend to be a Welsh fan as they were decimated by Michael Cheika’s Wallabies but for Irish and neutral fans it was one of the greatest is recent history. On Saturday afternoon we were treated to a classic Barbarians affair as they drew 31 all with South Africa in a brilliant clash at Wembley.
Then came Saturday evening’s historic clash where Ireland trounced the All Blacks 40-29, ending their 111 year wait for victory over New Zealand in Chicago. Joe Schmidt’s men put in an awe-inspiring performance that ignited an entire country and had the rest of the world in disbelief.
This weekend however plans to be even bigger with a whole host of international and exhibition games to take place. Up next for Joe Schmidt is Canada while Munster and Ulster host two massive games on Friday night against the New Zealand Maori and the Barbarians respectively.
Friday 11th November 2016
- Barbarians v Fiji at Kingspan Stadium, Belfast
- Munster v New Zealand Maori at Thomond Park, Limerick 7.30pm
Saturday 12th November 2016
- Italy v New Zealand at Stadio Olimpico, Rome
- England v South Africa at Twickenham Stadium, London
- Scotland v Australia at BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
- France v Samoa at Stadium Municipal, Toulouse
- Wales v Argentina at Principality Stadium, Cardiff
- Ireland v Canada at Aviva Stadium, Dublin
There’s also a whole host of LV=Cup and Top 14 games on if nothing there doesn’t tickle your fancy. To make things even better, there’s also the small matter of UFC 205 this Saturday for any MMA fans out there, which sees Conor McGregor go against Eddie Alvarez for the UFC Lightweight title in a bid to become a two-weight world champion.
What a weekend! Cancel all your plans.