Conor O’Shea Confirms Harlequins Departure
Harlequins director of rugby Conor O’Shea has announced he will leave the club at the end of the current Aviva Premiership campaign, in an interview with Sky Sports News.
The 45-year-old has been in charge at Twickenham Stoop since 2010 and he guided Quins to their first-ever Premiership title in 2012. The former Ireland full-back has also won the European Challenge Cup and the LV Cup during his time with the club but he revealed this season would be his last.
“I will have been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to contribute to this special club for over six years come May,” he told the club’s official website.
“I have enjoyed working with everybody at Harlequins, from the players to the staff to the supporters, having said that, the end of this season is the right time for me to move on.”
Speculation will now mount over his next role and the former Ireland international had been linked with a role with Italy recently. Many have also speculated O’Shea may be in line for the Munster job should Anthony Foley not extend his deal.
Latest posts by Jason Hennessy (see all)
- A History Of The Six Nations - January 19, 2018
- 1989: The Year The Lions Truly Roared - December 1, 2017
- Disappointment For Jack Nowell As the World Cup Countdown Begins - November 13, 2017