Adam Jones is an absolute legend.
It’s safe to say we’re big Adam Jones fans here. The former Wales and Lions prop will go down as one of the finest props to have ever graced the game, and an all round nice guy, who is adored by fans and colleagues in the game.
He’s recently became the talk of English rugby for the second time this year after getting a phone-call on his day off and driving from Wales to Cardiff to play a Premiership game for his side Quins, at loosehead nonetheless, and now he’s absolutely bossed Celebrity Mastermind.
The legendary tighthead sat in the hotseat, answering 12 questions on his specialised subject of the British and Irish Lions 1993-2005. Being a former two-time tourist obviously helped as he nailed a perfect 12 from 12.
Here are the questions he was asked. Can you score 12 too?
1. Which team did Graham Henry coach to a 3-0 win over the Lions?
2. Who captained the 1997 Lions tour?
3. Along with Tana Umaga, who was responsible for the spear tackle on Brian O’Driscoll in 2005?
4. Which member of the 1997 and 2001 squads is a nephew of Barry John?
5. How many points did the Lions score during their biggest ever win over New Zealand in 1993?
6. Who scored the winning drop goal against South Africa in 1997?
7. Who coached Australia A to a win over the Lions in 2001?
8. In which stadium did the lions draw 25-25 against Argentina in 2005?
9. The Lions lost two games on the 1997 tour, one was against South Africa, who was the other against?
10. Name the Scot whose 2001 tour was ended by a knee injury in the first Test
11. Who was the head coach of the 1997 Lions?
12. Which uncapped centre was selected for the 1997 tour?
Take a look below for the answers.
1. New Zealand
2. Martin Johnson
4. Scott Quinnell
6. Jeremy Guscott
7. Eddie Jones
8. Millennium Stadium
9. Northern Transvaal
10. Simon Taylor
11. Ian McGeechan
12. Will Greenwood